Tuesday 20 November 2012

Favourite Current West Ham Player


This is an extremely easy decision for me as this player stands out from the rest of our squad in my eyes. He is our current longest serving player, Mark Noble.

I remember in my GCSE english exam I had to write a piece on a role model and I chose Noble. This was over 4 years ago and my opinion still hasn't changed. As a player and a man he stands for everything I believe in. A local lad who plays for the team he supports and gives his all. I can only dream of doing this and that is exactly what I do. Even as a 20 year old, I still lie in my bed and, if I can't sleep, I imagine myself playing for West Ham. Sad? Maybe. But we all have dreams.

One thing that I have always said is that I don't think our midfield would have been able to run with without Noble in it. He always picks up the pieces and can find that killer pass. I feel that he has always been at the heart of the midfield even when our midfield four was himself, Parker, Behrami and Collison. The team just always seems to tick when he is in it and especially when he is playing well.

During the transfer window we obviously signed a number of midfielders including Diame, Diarra, Jarvis and Benayoun and apparently Fulham came in and asked the availability of Mark Noble. The club decided it would be in his best interests for him to know and to find out if he would like to move on. From what I know he said there is no way he would want to leave West Ham and that he would want to fight for his place. I am so glad he did that because along with Nolan and Reid he has been one of our best players so far this season. Since Parker left us for Tottenham he has stepped up to the plate as our main midfielder and I personally feel he has grown into the player into what all hoped he would be. He has never had an England call up and I wonder if he ever will but with some of the players that are being called into the squad I definitely feel he deserves a chance. Don't get me wrong players like Osman and Shelvey are great players but I honestly think that Noble should be casted in the same bracket as them.

Every match he plays for our beloved club you can see it means the world to him and he will always give the best of his ability as I am sure he knows he is living the dreams of every West Ham fan sitting inside Upton Park. When we beat Man Utd in the last game of the season to stay in the Premier League you could just see in his face how much it meant to him and in moments like that you remember and at the same time realise he is one of us and lives with all the ups and downs of our famous club the way we do.

As I said earlier 'our longest serving player' says it all and shows his dedication to the club and not just what West Ham means to him but also what Mark Noble means to West Ham.

Sam Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment